Wednesday, May 18, 2011

hiatus from blog

Sorry for the recent lack of posts to the blog over the last few weeks.  I've been very busy with family life and work that I just haven't had time to update the blog.  That is about to change this weekend so be sure to come back next week for some new content. 

Now, my recent vacation from the blog hasn't meant that I stopped gardening or working on the projects I blogged about last month. 

After preparing the vegetable beds with new soil and amending the soil with some nice smelling manure, I have planted some tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and squash in those two beds.  I have some pictures but will need to get with the wife to get them off the camera and into the blog.  I promise to get those pictures up very soon.  I need to get some recent pictures also to show how things have grown over the last few weeks.

I've been going thru my library of gardening books and found one of my absolute favorite gardening books.  It's an oldie but a goodie.  It's The New Victory Garden book that you can get for a steal on Amazon.com.  I have used tips and tricks out of this book for years now and plan to bring it out for some well needed reading.  If I had a larger garden area I would use more of the techniques from this book but right now I have to just stick with my small garden. 

Another great book is Garden Way's Joy of Gardening.  I also have this book and I absolutely love it.  It never goes out of style even  though it is older than the Victory Garden book.  Help support this blog by purchasing these books on Amazon.com by clicking on the links. 

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment